Sunday, July 30, 2017

Music Music Music

I'm still writing this paper, which is due next Monday - but this is a great distraction.

Questions, as always, from Sunday Stealing. As this is a music quiz, and I am Australian, I am putting in clips as I'm sure the international audience will not have heard of many of these songs.


   1: A song you like with a color in the title

I see Red by Split Enz.



   2: A song you like with a number in the title

Nine Crimes by Damien Rice



 3: A song that reminds you of summertime.


4: A song that needs to be played LOUD

Turn Up Your Radio by The Masters Apprentices


5: A song that makes you want to dance

Private Idaho by the B52s


6: A song to drive to:

I drive to this album all the time.


7: A song about drugs or alcohol


8: A song that makes you happy

This song always makes me smile.





9: A song that makes you sad

This always makes me cry.


10: A song that you never get tired of

My favourite song in the world.


         11: A song from your preteen years

Ah, seventies Australian music, is there any better? Rest in peace, Shirl.


12: One of your favorite 80’s songs

I love the Violent Femmes. I especially love this.



13: One of your favorite classical songs.


14: A song that you would sing a duet with someone on karaoke

This - and happily.



15: A song from the year that you were born

1968 had some great music, including this:


16: A song that makes you think about life

This is a song about war. It is profound.


 17: A song that you think everybody should listen to

Everybody should listen to this just once in their lives. Annie Lennox is amazing.



18: A song by a band you wish were still together

Oh, I so wish the Hoodoo Gurus played more often.



19: A song by an artist no longer living

Something from Bowie. I never knew I liked him so much.


20: A song that breaks your heart

This version of this song.



21: A song by an artist with a voice that you love

I love Rodriguez. He's amazing.



3 comments:

Stacy said...

I'm going to bet we're the only ones who picked a B-52's song.

Bev Sykes said...

It's really fun seeing the range of music from everyone!

CountryDew said...

Annie Lennox IS amazing.