Sunday, August 7, 2016

The Gal's Meme, Part One

A big weekend, which is why I'm writing this later than normal. I'm also doing jobs in between questions as I have so much to do.

But, this weekend was big because I got my assignments in for this semester - which is fantastic, especially since it's not been my favourite subject to date - though I''ve met some great people.

I also bought a new car yesterday. Took my car into be serviced and came out with the receipts for a new car - pick it up in two weeks. It's red. :)  Interestingly, I was only talking about replacing my car on this blog last week - and the car I bought was sitting next to the Veloster I was talking about last week. I'm getting a Mazda CX-3 but the way.



Anyway, questions, as always, from Sunday Stealing.


What’s your favorite word or phrase?

I love the word serendipity - a happy accident. If I ever had a daughter I would have given her that as a middle name.

Tell us about a person who made you smile today.

Jay at the gym. Walked in and growled "Don't talk about the football." You had to be there.

I also saw a very good Henry V today at the cinema. they filmed a performance at the Globe in London. It was great. The guy who played Henry was excellent and this made me smile.



What were you doing at 8 am this morning? 

Dressed for the gym, drinking coffee and giving a last pass to my assignment that was put in after I got back from the gym.

What were you doing 30 minutes ago?

Doing my census form, which is due in on Tuesday - just one more thing to get out of the way.

What is your favorite holiday? Why?

I love going to Ubud in Bali. It's like my spiritual home. Spain is another motherland - love the place. Love the food.

Tell us about a visit to another country. 

Which one? I've visited 14 of them. I think Singapore is one of the most sterile places I've ever been - and it is the one place I got rather nasty food poisoning.

What is the last thing you said aloud? 

"Goodbye". I was leaving Blarney and Barney's place. Went out there for dinner.

What was the last thing you had to drink? 

A cup of tea at Blarney and Barney's place.

What are you wearing right now? 

Jeans, top, bra and underpants. I will be getting into the shower soon. It's not cold enough to wear socks at the moment.

What was the last thing you ate?

Apple crumble and ice cream (I think the American's call it cobbler) I made it and took it round for dessert tonight.

Have you bought any new clothing items this week?

Not this week. Thought about it.

When was the last time you ran?

In the gym a few weeks ago - but only for a few minutes. Prefer low impact cardio now. Better for the joints.

What’s the last sporting event you watched?

I watched a bit of the Olympics this evening at Blarney and Barney's place. Also watched about 10 minutes of football yesterday. Aussie Rules football that is.

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?

I'd really love to do the Camino de Compostella de Santiago in Spain. Would love to do that.

Who is the last person you sent a comment/message to on Facebook? 

A couple of my study buddies to see how their papers were going.

Ever go camping? If yes, tell us about one time. 

I don't go camping. I'm not a camper. Next.

Do you think a tan improves your looks?

I'm pale and interesting - but a little sun does brighten things up a bit. I can't wear fake tan so really, I have to keep on being pale and interesting.

Have you ever lost anything down a toilet?

The odd earring - that's about it. I'm not somebody who takes my phone into the toilet.

What is your guilty pleasure? 

Tattoo programs on the telly. They're tacky reality television - and I like the fights as much as I love the art work.


2 comments:

CountryDew said...

I love a well-traveled person. I wish I had traveled more when I was young.

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Love the new car. I'm starting to want a new car because it's unrealistic to have only one car that's road ready in a couple this age. So many scenarios.

I shared that clip with DH as we are big fans of Globe productions. We have a theater here in the park that was modeled after the original Old Globe. We used to go there all the time.