Sunday, May 8, 2016

The Monsters in the Closet Meme

Okay, so here's the rub. I've been stuck at home for the last four days with a bloody Frankencold. Most people get head colds. I end up having to spend a few days in bed because I get a cold and every horrible symptom is thrown at me. Thankfully the fever broke last night and I'm starting to feel normal again. I have to thank Jonella, who popped in yesterday with chicken soup, lemonade and ventolin during the day. That helped a lot.

Adding to the joys of being ill, my uni papers are due tomorrow - aqnd I am hating every word I've written at the moment. Too late to do anything about it now other than pick out typos and hope for the best - and I know that it's not that bad what's written - ah the joy of being a writer.

Anyways, here's this week's meme, courtesy of Sunday Stealing.


Do you usually sleep with your closet door open or closed?

Normally closed - only because if I don't shut it, I run into it in the middle of the night.

Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotels?

Of course - particularly if I'm staying at a better hotel. Love the toiletries at The Westin in Sydney.

Have you ever ‘done it’ in a hotel room?

Hell, yeah.

Where is your next vacation?

I don't know yet. I have a feeling I'll be either off to New Zealand or Bali for a few days in the next few months.

Have you ever stolen a street sign before?

Not since my university days.

Who do you think reads these?

I really don't know.

Do you have a calendar in your room?

No - but I do have one in the kitchen.

Where are you?

At home, at my desk.

What’s your plan for the day?

Feel better, finish my papers, finish my book, start cleaning the flat.

Are you reading any books right now?

I'm finishing off Kathleen Grissom's "The Kitchen House". It's okay - I'm not overly sold on it.

Do you ever count your steps when you walk?

Sometimes - but that's why I keep a pedometer / fitbit on my wrist.

Have you ever peed in the woods?

Yes. I've lived in the country. That's what you do when you're caught short.

Do you ever dance even if there’s no music playing?

All the time.

Do you chew your pens and pencils?

No, not any more. I used to when I was at school.

What is your “Song of the Week”?

I'm currently using Cab Calloway to drown out our less dreadful Prime Minister and his election announcement. It's working well.



Is it okay for guys to wear pink?

Of course.

Do you still watch cartoons?

Not really, unless you take into consideration kid's films and the occasional episode of Shaun the Sheep.



Whats your favorite love movie?

The Princess Bride. Peter Cook said so.



What do you drink with dinner?

Not normally. Will have a glass of wine with dinner when I'm out.

What do you dip Chicken Nuggets in?

I can't remember the last time I had chicken nuggets - probably barbeque sauce if I had them.

What is your favorite food/cuisine?

I love Malaysian food - unfortunately, Malaysian doesn't like me that much and I suffer for eating it.

What movies could you watch over and over and still love?

Bull Durham, The Princess Bride, The King's Speech, The Blue's Brothers, The Matrix, Three Colours: Blue... That will do for a start.

Last person you hugged/kissed?

I wanted to give Jonella a hug yesterday for bringing me over chicken soup yesterday. She wouldn't let me. She thought I had the plague.

Were you ever a boy/girl scout?

I was a brownie for about three months - then we moved to the country where they didn't have brownies.

Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine?

Gawd no - the world isn't ready for that sort of sight. Saying that, I have nothing against nudity and tastefully photographing people who are over  and have a few lumps and bumps. There should be move ovf it. Ban the airbrush.

4 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

"drown out our less dreadful Prime Minister and his election announcement" Look on the bright side...you could have to listen to Donald Trump.

Kwizgiver said...

The Princess Bride is such a great movie!

CountryDew said...

I hope you feel better. Sounds like you've had a whopper batch of the crud.

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Mawidge... Lol. I chose Princess Bride, too.
Oh my, we have got a big problem in our Plutocracy at the moment..its name is, "The Donald".