Sunday, October 4, 2015

The Q & A Meme


Okay, bribe time. Two minutes of transcribing (tape time) one question. Has to be done. Study is getting a bit heavy and it will be until early November. I have three hours of interview tape to transcribe and it is doing my head in, especially as I'd rather be reading a book somewhere.

Questions, as always, from Sunday Stealing.


 1. What would you pick as a major, if you could go back to college and do it again? 

I've often said that if I was to go back and do my undergraduate again I'd go back and do Medicine. Failing that (and with my hatred of physics) I think I'd love to study drama and creative writing - there are so many more choices than we had thirty years ago.

2. Who is the one celebrity with whom you would most like to have an in depth conversation? 

Probably George Clooney -a great philanthropist.

3. If you could make a living doing ANYthing, what would that be? 

I'd love to be a very successful writer.

4. What’s your all-time very favorite dessert? 

Creme Brulee. The thicker the crust on the top, the better.

5. How many pairs of jeans do you own? 

Five or six in different colours.

6. What is your favorite flower, and why? 

Roses. I love their scent.

7. What book has most changed your life? 

Two books. Dr Spencer Johnson's "Who Moved My Cheese." The other is Louis De Bernieres' "Captain Corelli's Mandolin". The former got me out of my funk, the other took me around the world.

8. What is your least favorite vegetable? Is there any way you can be persuaded to eat it? 

Zucchini. It's pointless. Flavourless and bland. Not overly fond of broad beans either.


9. If you could take a nonstop first class flight to any destination, where would you pick to land? 

London.

10. If your 15 minutes of fame included a stint on American Idol, what song would be your trademark solo? 

This:



11. If you could pick one former friend (who has remained elusive in this wild Facebook world) to reunite with, who would you unearth? 

An Irishman called Dave. Dave is dead. I'd love the truth one day.


12. You have been awarded the time off from work and an all-expenses paid week anywhere in the United States. The catch is that it must be somewhere you have not been before. Where do you choose to visit? 

Seattle or San Franscisco. Always wanted to go to Seattle and San Francisco. I'd go back to Boston and New York happily, but we can't do that for this test.


13. Name three of your guilty pleasures. 

Ice cream, donuts, gin and tonics.

14. The best kind of cookie is: 

White Chocolate and Macadamia cookies.

15. What do you value most in other people? 

Intelligence and honesty.

16. Have you ever looked back at your life and realized that something you thought was a bad thing was actually a blessing in disguise? 

Oh hell yeah. Not having the job work out in Greece - though it the worst thing ever at the time, but it moved me on in leaps and bounds. A very, very good thing.

17. What is the most beautiful place you’ve ever visited? 

I have been to a lot of beautiful places, but the Lady Chapel at Ely Cathedral takes my breath away every time.
Image result for lady chapel ely cathedral


 18. Are you more of a thinker or a feeler? 

Though able to think, I'm definitely more of a feeler.

19. Name three things you are thankful for right now. 

Good friends, I'm solvent and the worst of the depression I've had has gone.

20. Have you ever participated in a three-legged race? 

Like nearly 40 years ago. Yes.

21. When you are at an event that plays the National Anthem, do you place your hand over your heart?

I'm Australian. I'll stand and shuffle my feet a bit. None of this hand on heart stuff. At least I know the words to the first verse.

3 comments:

Plastic Mancunian said...

Hi Pand,,

1. Some form of journalism for me, I think.
2. Tom Cruise - to find out the truth about Scientology.
3. Ditto.
9. Hong Kong
10. I think mine would be a fun rock song like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WccfbPQNMbg
12. Chicago (I've been to New York and San Francisco).
21. You know my thoughts on that...

:o)

Cheers

PM

Kwizgiver said...

I'd not heard that Right Said Fred song. Now it's stuck in my head!

Bev Sykes said...

I wonder if flowers in Australia suffer the same problem they do here. Those you buy from florist shops have no smell because they are grown in hot houses. I used to love red roses. Now if you buy a red rose, it has no aroma whatsoever.