Saturday, August 21, 2010

Quote of the Day (Part Two)

My darling workmates come up with some crackers. Never thought I'd hear somebody beat the term "horse puppies", but Ting, a Chinese colleague made a decent effort of it at beer club last night.

Ting, Wozza, head of the engineers, and myself were discussing party politics. As per usual, I was detailing why I like the Australian Sex Party so much - other than the god awful name, everything they stood for made sense to me.

Ting: Like what?
Me: Well other than standing for green issues the right to keep the government out of our computers and bedrooms, they believe that voluntary euthanasia should be legal for those who are terminally ill and wish to die with dignity.

Ting looked very concerned.
"But you shouldn't kill the youth. That's bad. That happens in China and it's not good."

Wozza and I did a spit take.
And then proceeded to calm Ting.

Ting: Oh, you mean like those with cancer who want to die, to help them go.
Me: Yes, that's it.
Ting: And not take them behind a shed and shoot them.
Me: No, Ting, something a little more dignified and sensitive.

Ting shook his head again: Oh, that's okay. I thought you wanted to kill the youth.
Wozza: We'd like to sometimes - but if there was a party preaching that they'd get it in too easily and that just wouldn't be fair...

4 comments:

Jackie K said...

Go Sex Party! I voted them for the senate...

Pandora Behr said...

There are a lot of people who I've talked to who did the same - I know they got my vote - only people who made any sense...

Kath Lockett said...

Or maybe just the youth that *insist* on wearing their jeans around their ankles....?

Plastic Mancunian said...

Hi Pandora,

The "Sex Party"? Really?

I'd vote for them just for the bragging rights.

:-)

Cheers

PM